Forum Discussion

PPP
Experienced Partner
2 years ago
Solved

End of year finalisation for Payroll 2021 2022 not appearing on ATO

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me.  

After reconciling and checking payroll for 2021 2022, I processed end of year payroll on 5/7/22.

The accountant tells me today, that the file for payroll according to ATO is not showing as finalised.  So when I go into the EOFY finalisation and select 2021/22, I can see the file has been ticked for Final Indicator but it is showing $0 for Gross YTD but correct PAYG.  When I check other data files, these have the correct data.

How do I fix? 

• Hi PPP 

Thanks for the response. As per checking the screenshot that you provided, may you please try to click the yellow highlighted one which indicates, 'remove finalization and notify the ATO’? After that you should be able to unfinalized and proceed with taking the steps I provided from the previous reply. You may refer to the sample screenshot I provided below:

Do let us know how'd you go on this. 

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Shella_A

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi PPP 

Thank you for your post. If the final indicator tick is present next to the employee/s in STP's 'EOFY' tab, this means their finalization has been sent from the software. You could unfinalized the employee and re-submit their finalization, however, it may be worth contacting the ATO again as other clients with the same issue advised this was resolved after speaking with them. 

Regarding the figures for your YTD Gross. You may run a report for the Payroll Register and Payroll Activity and compare both. This will give you the correct figures on what should be the YTD Gross and PAYG should be showing. You may do this after un-finalizing STP’s EOFY report. This Help Article: EOFY Finalization has all the detailed information and steps to help you determined the correct report and will help you correctly process the STP's EOFY report for the previous financial year.

Do let me know if there was anything further I can assist with.

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Shella_A

PPP
      Experienced Partner

Hi Shella,

Unfortunately, there is nowhere for me to untick the end-of-year finalisation and resubmit.

The amounts showing on the portal was $0 for Gross wages which is incorrect. So I have asked the accountants to process it manually from their end.

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi PPP 

Thank you for the response. When you undo an employee's finalisation, you'll to follow the following steps below: 

1. Go to the Payroll command centre and click Payroll Reporting.
        2. Click Payroll Reporting Centre.
        3. If prompted, sign in with your MYOB account details (email address and password).
        4. Click the EOFY Finalisation tab.
        5. Choose the Payroll year.
        6. Remove the finalisation. How you do this depends on what you see.
          • If there's an ellipsis button next to the employee, click it and choose Remove finalisation.
          • If there is no ellipsis button, select the employee and click Remove finalisation and notify the ATO.
        7. When prompted to send your payroll information to the ATO, enter your details and click  Send. The Final indicator tick is removed for the employee. If it's still there, click a different tab then return to the EOFY Finalisation tab.
        8. When you're ready, you can finalise the employee again.

You may refer to the screenshot below: 

After this you can now proceed on comparing the reports indicated on this Help Article: EOFY Finalization and redo the finalization once figures is all corrected.

Do let us know if you need further help. 

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Shella_A