Forum Discussion

Carbine
Contributing User
12 months ago
Solved

EOFY Leave hrs do not balance

My Payroll Register and Payroll Activity reports match exactly for the $ amounts but the leave balance (hrs) does not. Some, but not all, employees who left during the FY and had their leave paid out have a negative hrs value in the Payroll Register but not in the Payroll Activity. I suspect it might be due to A/L hrs carried over from previous yrs. Does it matter for EOFY finalisation? 

Thanking MYOB Supporters in advance 

• Hi Carbine 

When a file is upgraded from v19, there is a known bug with how leave accruals are treated. When this happens the file needs to be fixed by MYOB - you will see a number of older forum posts about this. sometimes you can fix it yourself by editing the carry forward balance in order to get the correct end result.

Fortunately none of this is reportable to the ATO, so it will not affect your STP reporting or the EOY process. You only report leave paid as a dollar amount.

Regards

Gavin

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sean_DC
    MYOB Moderator

Hi @Carbine 

Thank you for your post. 

Payroll Activity Summary and Payroll Register Summary are reports that appear identical but are drawing their information from two different locations. The Payroll Activity Summary report is looking at the actual Payroll transactions recorded in payroll, whereas the Payroll Register Summary report looks at the employee’s card. 

If these particular reports don’t match, it is likely that the pay history/leave balances have been updated manually. To get them to match you can check your Pay History for this employee and determine where it doesn't balance. You can check the payroll transactions from your Payroll Activity Summary Report. 

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Carbine
      Contributing User

All I want to know is can I leave it as is. I've never adjusted pays manually, the problems all occurred during the 'upgrade'. All the employees in question have now left. I know they were paid correctly at the time. All the dollar values match. Do I need to spend endless hours fixing an MYOB software stuff-up or not?

Sean_DC
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Carbine 

If the employees have left and are set as inactive already, you may leave it as it is. If you have further questions about it on EOFY, we also suggest that you contact the ATO.

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi Carbine 

When a file is upgraded from v19, there is a known bug with how leave accruals are treated. When this happens the file needs to be fixed by MYOB - you will see a number of older forum posts about this. sometimes you can fix it yourself by editing the carry forward balance in order to get the correct end result.

Fortunately none of this is reportable to the ATO, so it will not affect your STP reporting or the EOY process. You only report leave paid as a dollar amount.

Regards

Gavin