Forum Discussion

claire1989
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Leave accruals part time vs full time

Hello,

Up until now we have only had full time employees. We now have a part time employee and everytime I go to put how many hours per pay period for this part time employee that will accrue for Annual and Personal leave, it then changes the accrual for the full time employees as well. Same as when I change the full time employees back to what they should be accruing, the part time employee ends up accuring more then they should. Your help would be greatly apprecited. 

• Hi claire1989 

Thank you for your post. It sounds like you might need to have 2 Pay Items - one for part-time and one for full-time. Instead of editing the existing item, you would be looking at creating a new Pay Item.

To do this: 

1. Go to the Payroll menu and choose Pay items. 
    2. Click the Leave tab.
    3. Click Create leave pay item.
    4. Enter a Name for this leave.

5. Choose the Calculation basis.

6. Click Save.

For more detailed instructions on this please see our Help Article: Set up leave.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi claire1989 

Thank you for your post. It sounds like you might need to have 2 Pay Items - one for part-time and one for full-time. Instead of editing the existing item, you would be looking at creating a new Pay Item.

To do this: 

1. Go to the Payroll menu and choose Pay items. 
    2. Click the Leave tab.
    3. Click Create leave pay item.
    4. Enter a Name for this leave.

5. Choose the Calculation basis.

6. Click Save.

For more detailed instructions on this please see our Help Article: Set up leave.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.