Forum Discussion

SaiD
User
3 months ago
Solved

Leave request not working on the app-cannot put a reason for leave

Employees unable to submit leave request as they are not able to select a reason for leave.

I have tried the solutions below that I found on another post but it is still not working.

To clarify, are you encountering a blank screen when attempting to input a leave reason? If that's the case, could you kindly verify if you've undertaken the troubleshooting steps outlined below?

• Ensure that the leave entitlement has been allocated to the employee's card. Otherwise, the reason will not be displayed.
  • After confirming that employees have leave entitlements, suggest that they uninstall and then reinstall the application.
  • Check for any available updates and make sure that the MYOB team apps in use are current.
  • Clear the app cache, as occasionally, cached data in the MYOB team apps could be the source of the issue.
  • Delete the existing location, create a new one, and then re-invite the employees.

Can you provide a solution please.

• Hi SaiD,

Thank you for updating us about what happened when you followed the steps provided above. Since it did not work on your end, kindly check as well if the wage category is also linked to the employee card file. For example, the entitlement is named “annual leave” and it is paid out on the linked wages category “annual leave paid”.  The employee needs to have both selected on their card. Once done, please have the employee submit their leave request again.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

3 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SaiD,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

Thank you for trying the different basic troubleshooting steps available to resolve the issue you are experiencing with MYOB Team. Aside from the ones you've tried already, we also suggest checking the pay basis of the employee it it's hourly or salary. As the pay basis of the employee using MYOB Team is hourly. Once confirmed that the pay basis is hourly, check the entitlement's calculation basis as it should match the pay basis by choosing Equals [x] Percent of. After that, please have the employee request for leave again to see if the leave reason is showing now. More information in checking the pay basis can be found here.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

SaiD
      User

Hi Doreen,

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked the pay basis and the entitlement's calculation and they are as it should be.

I also contacted MYOB support by phone and they advised that this is a know issue that MYOB developers are working on it.

So please provide with an accurate status of this issue. If this is not resolved we will have to stop using MYOB and move across to Xero.

Kind Regards

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi SaiD,

Thank you for updating us about what happened when you followed the steps provided above. Since it did not work on your end, kindly check as well if the wage category is also linked to the employee card file. For example, the entitlement is named “annual leave” and it is paid out on the linked wages category “annual leave paid”.  The employee needs to have both selected on their card. Once done, please have the employee submit their leave request again.

Best regards,

Doreen