Forum Discussion

rachelstephens
Contributing User
26 days ago

MYOB Payroll

Hi team,

We have an employee who worked for us, then left, and now is back on a fixed term contract. We have created a new employee profile/code in MYOB Payroll. We have had issues right from setting up this employee, from defaults not being loaded even though they are, to salary/kiwisaver lines disappearing when entering the pay.

Now that we have processed the pay and we run the employer monthly schedule report, we can see the report reflects this pay THREE times and the employee is also on there a bunch of times with nil numbers. In the picture attached, everything crossed out blue is the SAME employee... it looks like a bunch of duplicates. But I don't understand why the pay has been processed THREE times. The payslip reflects only once, the pay summary report  reflects only once, the EIR reflects only once too. Please help!!!

6 Replies

rachelstephens
    Contributing User

Hi Doreen. I am not worried about the nil lines. 

However in the screenshot below, you will see the same employee three times with three entries. All three entries add to the overall total of the Employer Monthly Schedule for the Month Ended: 30 April 2024. There should only be one entry.

This is the only report that shows this though. The employees pay history, payslips, and all other reports do not show the triple posting.

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi rachelstephens,

Thanks for your post. You're facing an issue with duplicate entries in the employer's monthly schedule report and setting up an employee profile. Here's a simpler approach:

• Firstly, verify the employee's profile setup for any mistakes. Make sure all details are accurate and there's no duplication in the system. This article about finishing and reinstating your employee could be helpful.
    • Secondly, examine the payroll setup. Confirm that the salary and KiwiSaver lines are correctly arranged. If they disappear when you're inputting the payment, it might be a browser issue, so you may need to re-enter the data.
    • If the pay has been processed more than once, it could be a system or manual error during the payroll process. Check the payroll entries to confirm the pay wasn't processed repeatedly.
    • Finally, if the employer monthly schedule report displays the pay three times and the employee appears multiple times with zero numbers, it could be a reporting error. Try generating the report again to see if the issue remains.

Let me know how you'd go on this and if you require further help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella

rachelstephens
      Contributing User

Hi Shella

We are using MYOB Payroll on the pc, not a web/cloud version.

1. I have verified the employee setup. There is a separate code to her old one when she worked with us previously.

2. The pay default/totals are incorrect but I can't seem to correct these - see image attached. There's multiple kiwisaver lines. Would this have an affect and if so, how do I correct please?

3. The payroll entries all show the pay being entered one time. It is only the employer monthly schedule that shows three entries. The pay history under the employee also only shows one entry.

4. I have tried re-rerunning the report and it still shows 3 pays and lots of zero pays.

Please help! 

Thank you

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi rachelstephens,

Thanks for your response. If the paycode doesn't specify a quantity, it shouldn't have any impact. However, you can still delete it if necessary. For more information, please refer to this help page: Making pay codes inactive

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
        Earl