Forum Discussion

AndyG8
User
8 days ago

MYOB Team setup not sending invite email

Currently trying to setup MYOB teams to test the App and timesheet functions.

When setting up approving manager and staff it's not sending an email invite to install the app.
I think the initial problem was I was not logged in as 'owner' when initially trying to set up and I initially added some staff names as Admin.

However, now logged in as owner it's still not sending invites when I invite staff. The website also doesn't seem to allow deleting of staff and setting up again which may be part of the issue.

Have tried deleting location and setting up approving manager + staff again but still no luck. Get a message that invite has been sent - but nothing.

Any ideas? Thanks.

6 Replies

• Thanks Earl_HD. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any option to remove users completely once they are set up. Have tried removing from locations and re-invite plus all the other suggestions but no luck at all.

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi AndyG8 ,

If you're still experiencing issues, I recommend trying our virtual assistant, MOCA. It's designed to dive deeper into problems like this. Give it a go!

You can chat with MOCA at myob.com/support for any questions or assistance. If MOCA can't help, don't worry—our live chat team is ready to step in and assist you further.

Regards,
      Earl

• Hi, have you resolved the issue? We're experiencing the same problem. We've tried everything, but our employees are still not receiving the invitation emails.

AndyG8
      User

No luck unfortunately. Check junk folders, deleted location and no luck. Might not be worth the hassle as I've seen others forum users complain of lack of support and problems with the app at times.

MOG1
        User

Please do some clear cache and cookies or use another browser to send invite to these employees. This helped us.

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AndyG8 ,

Currently, when this issue occurs, one workaround is to delete the location and set it up again. Since you've already done that, let's try some additional troubleshooting steps:

1. Check Spam/Junk Folders: Ensure that the invite emails are not being filtered into the recipient's spam or junk mail folders.
    2. Verify Email Addresses: Double-check the email addresses for accuracy. Even a small typo can prevent the emails from being delivered.
    3. Re-invite the Users: Sometimes re-inviting the users can help. Remove the affected users from the location in MYOB Team and then add them again to trigger a new invite email.

I also recommend visiting these help articles for more information on resolving this issue.

Getting started with MYOB Team
    Using the MYOB Team mobile app
    Using the MYOB Team admin portal

I hope this helps!

Regards,
    Earl