Forum Discussion

Minimiss
Contributing User
3 days ago

Paid Parental Leave - leave accrual and PAYG

We have an employee who has recently gone on paid parental leave. She is on an hourly wage. I have set up the PPL pay item for her as a salaried item per your website instructions. The instructions state that by doing this, the employee will not accrue any leave while on PPL as there are no hours logged against her hourly pay item to calculate this.

I took note of the leave balances prior to running our last pay run. I have checked the leave balances now that the latest pay run has been finalised and the employee has accrued more leave. What more am I supposed to do?

I would also like some clarification on the PAYG that needs to be entered. I stumbled across this issue quite by accident. I would have thought that your software would calculate the correct PAYG without any intervention from me.

I logged this query through your support request e-mail on 11 July as well as a follow-up email on 22 July.  Other than your automated messages, I have received no replies at all.  Appalling support.

2 Replies

Jemar_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Minimiss,

Thank you for your post. I can see that you need assistance with Paid paternal leave as the employee accrued more leave. Kindly check this link  .

Feel free to write a post if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Jem

Minimiss
      Contributing User

Hi Jem

Did you not read my e-mail?  I said I had followed the setup instructions on your website, which is exactly what you have sent me in your link.  My understanding is that I would only have to delete the leave accruals for a salaried employee.  This employee is on an hourly wage and is still accruing leave.

The only thing I haven't done in your setup is not create a liability or income category as we do not use MYOB for accounting purposes.

You also have not answered my question regarding PAYG.