Forum Discussion

TheCoolShop
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

random payrun generated and sent to ATO $0

Hi MYOB

a random payrun was gernerated on 17/2 and included employees that have been terminated and made inactive. it was submitted to the ATO STP as well. I am the only person with access to our MYOB and it was not me. It was a $0 run, thankfully, but it is very very odd!

I had to reverse the $0 pays as somehow it was sent STP.

Can you please advise.

i would actually appreciate a response this time, i have posted several issues recentlay and have no response from MYOB whatsoever.

• Hi TheCoolShop 

On the Community Forum we encourage users to offer assistance and advice. As such, you won't always receive a reply from an MYOB Moderator. If you require immediate assistance we recommend reaching out to our phone-based or Live Chat teams.

It sounds like you sent an update event by clicking on the Send Update Event button in the STP reporting centre. You can check if this was the case by going to the STP reporting centre>>Reports tab>>click on the report for that $0 pay run and check the Event type.

• A Pay event sends the pay period and YTD amounts to the ATO
    • An Update event sends the YTD amounts only

When you click on Send update event the software automatically records $0 pays to send the up-to-date YTD amounts to the ATO. $0 pays don't need to be reversed as they don't have any affect on the YTD amounts recorded in the software. However, if they are update events they should not be reversed as that affects the YTD amounts reported to the ATO.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi TheCoolShop 

On the Community Forum we encourage users to offer assistance and advice. As such, you won't always receive a reply from an MYOB Moderator. If you require immediate assistance we recommend reaching out to our phone-based or Live Chat teams.

It sounds like you sent an update event by clicking on the Send Update Event button in the STP reporting centre. You can check if this was the case by going to the STP reporting centre>>Reports tab>>click on the report for that $0 pay run and check the Event type.

• A Pay event sends the pay period and YTD amounts to the ATO
    • An Update event sends the YTD amounts only

When you click on Send update event the software automatically records $0 pays to send the up-to-date YTD amounts to the ATO. $0 pays don't need to be reversed as they don't have any affect on the YTD amounts recorded in the software. However, if they are update events they should not be reversed as that affects the YTD amounts reported to the ATO.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

TheCoolShop
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks a bunch Tracey! That makes sense... :)