Forum Discussion

4 months ago

Self Managed Super Fund ABN invalid

I have the Payroll Only package. I have an employee with a Self Managed Super Fund. I have paid this employee and created Super Payments which are due to him. When I try to create a Super Payment it comes up with an error message saying that the ABN for this Super Fund does invalid. I have checked and confirmed that the ABN entered into the system is correct. I have also tried creating a new Super fund but this also comes up with the same error message. I see that several other users have encountered the same problem. Unfortunately each of these discussions have been taken offline before I can see what the solution was. Can you advise me how to correct this bug in the system asap so that I can make payment into my employees self managed super account.

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi tonyatfraser

I appreciate the effort for double checking everything and for trying to create a new super fund. Sometimes, the status of a Self Managed Super Fund's ABN can affect payments. Head over to the ATO super fund lookup and enter the fund's ABN. Check if the status shows as "Regulation Details Removed." If it does, that could be why the payments aren't going through. To fix this, the fund will need to contact the ATO to update their status to "Active." Once that's sorted, you should be good to go with processing those super payments smoothly. If there's anything you need assistance with, feel free to create a post again.

Best regards,

Doreen