Forum Discussion

DI
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago

Staff can use their mobile to alter log on/off times

We have been using the MYOB team since November.  A staff member has just noticed they can alter their logged on times through the app. even though the system has been set up to capture time only from the tablet.  How can we stop staff using their app to alter times before all staff are aware this can be done and the system is abused?

15 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • BUMP

I would also like an answer to this question before I look like a fool after advising my client to pay for and use Teams

DI
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks for the bump, I would really like to know and yet I've had no response.  I would have thought this was an important issue.

DI
        Experienced Cover User

Please answer this query.

• Has there been any resolution for this issue.

We have just been made aware of this issue also, the whole reason for using a tablet was to ensure staff could not log in or out via a mobile or make changes to their times.

The information I read is the approving managers are the only people able to change hours, but this appears to be incorrect.

Would love to know if anyone has created a work around for this issue.

DI
      Experienced Cover User

Morning,

Sadly no.

Just been ignored, I’ve tried following up with MYOB to no avail…

At this stage we do not have any solution…

Up until the approving managers approve times in MYOB teams the times can be altered by the staff in the app.  After the managers approve the staff times, then those times can not be altered. It’s not always possible nor is it feasible for our managers to approve times after the staff finish. This is a vulnerability issue with the MYOB coding.

Di