Forum Discussion

rob88
User
5 days ago
Solved

STP Pay Run going through as Update Event

I am trying to process the final weekly pay run for June and there is no longer an option coming up when recording with STP to record it as a new Pay Run. It is just automatically going through as an Update Event with STP and therefore putting out the balances between MYOB & ATO. This seems to have only changed with the latest MYOB update??

• Hi rob88 - thanks for your question.

You might have already done this, but compare the following reports to ensure they match:

• the YTD verification report in the Payroll Reporting Centre—this shows the YTD amounts you've reported to the ATO
    • the Payroll summary report in MYOB—this shows the YTD amounts you've processed through payroll in MYOB

If these two reports match, you're OK to finalise. See this help topic for more details on comparing these reports and what to do if they don't match: STP finalisation

I hope this helps!

Adrian

2 Replies

• Hi rob88 - thanks for your question.

You might have already done this, but compare the following reports to ensure they match:

• the YTD verification report in the Payroll Reporting Centre—this shows the YTD amounts you've reported to the ATO
    • the Payroll summary report in MYOB—this shows the YTD amounts you've processed through payroll in MYOB

If these two reports match, you're OK to finalise. See this help topic for more details on comparing these reports and what to do if they don't match: STP finalisation

I hope this helps!

Adrian

• Hi Adrian

Thanks for the response. I did this yesterday and it wasn't matching, but I've just re-run the YTD verification report and it now does match the payroll summary report. Obviously took longer to clear at the ATO end than I was expecting.