Forum Discussion

User_07092023
Trusted User
10 months ago
Solved

When is this issue going to be fixed it has been going on now for nearly a year.

One or more fields exceed the maximum character limit.  Happens everytime you try to update a contact??????? and it wont let you change anything.  

• Hi User_07092023

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the experience. 

I understand how important changing information for contacts is and I understand that this is a hindrance to it. Generally, this issue stems from the web application adding the number of characters for both the Company name and Individual name in just one contact. I would suggest following these steps to work around the issue.

1. Open contact. 
    2. Changing the designation of the contact (Company or Individual).
    3. Remove the names on the other designation (Company name, First name, Surname, or family name).
    4. Return to the right designation.
    5. Make sure all information is correct. 
    6. Save the contact.

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We're happy to help. 

Cheers, 
    Genreve

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi User_07092023

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the experience. 

I understand how important changing information for contacts is and I understand that this is a hindrance to it. Generally, this issue stems from the web application adding the number of characters for both the Company name and Individual name in just one contact. I would suggest following these steps to work around the issue.

1. Open contact. 
    2. Changing the designation of the contact (Company or Individual).
    3. Remove the names on the other designation (Company name, First name, Surname, or family name).
    4. Return to the right designation.
    5. Make sure all information is correct. 
    6. Save the contact.

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We're happy to help. 

Cheers, 
    Genreve