Forum Discussion

Norwood97
Contributing User
12 months ago
Solved

Weekend payments

My casual employee is starting work on Sundays. Currently he just does 3 weekdays every week. How do I enter his increased wage for a Sunday? I can't find anywhere where you can add another base wage entry for a different amount to his currently hourly rate? Thanks

• Hi Norwood97

Thanks for reaching out. 

If the Sunday wage is a different amount from any other day we recommend creating a new pay item for that wage to record it. Here is the help article Setting up pay items that will serve as a guide with the process. 

Let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to help you. 

Cheers,

Genreve

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Norwood97

Thanks for reaching out. 

If the Sunday wage is a different amount from any other day we recommend creating a new pay item for that wage to record it. Here is the help article Setting up pay items that will serve as a guide with the process. 

Let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to help you. 

Cheers,

Genreve

Norwood97
      Contributing User

Hi Genreve,

The link you posted if i click on "Weekend Penalty rates" it goes to the "Overtime " page instead. If i look at pay items there doesn't seem to be a category for weekend rates just the following to choose from:

Annual Leave Pay

Base Hourly

Base Salary

Jobkeeper Top-Up

Personal Leave Pay

None of those seem to apply to my requirement for weekend leave. Do i just add a "Base Hourly" at the higher weekend rate?

Thanks

Ian

Genreve_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Norwood97

Thanks for your post. 

Generally, if we create a pay item / pay category for weekend pay it usually is considered overtime. But if this does not apply to you, you could ask a financial advisor about the best category to pick. 

Let me know if you have any other clarifications. I'm happy to help. 

Cheers, 

Genreve