Forum Discussion

RebeccaHar
Contributing User
5 days ago

Exporting all data as xls file

Hi all, we are a very small not-for-profit business in NSW, Australia. We have just changed accountants who use Xero. We have cancelled our MYOB Business Pro subscription, ending 31 Oct 2024. We need to keep a copy of all our data for 7 years as per legal requirements. The accountants say I have to export the data so that it's compatible with excel. How do I do this? Thank you.

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there RebeccaHar,

You're correct; you will need to export your data to ensure it is compatible with Excel. Here’s how you can do it:

• Navigate to the Reports section. Look for the section where you can generate reports.
    • Select the data you need to export. Choose the specific reports or data sets you need to keep.
    • Export the data. There should be an option to export the data. Select the format compatible with Excel, typically CSV (Comma-Separated Values) or XLSX (Excel Spreadsheet).

You can also check this link for more information.

Best regards,

Doreen

RebeccaHar
      Contributing User

Thank you Doreen. I had worked this out already, but our accountants want all the data, not just in a report format. Is this possible?

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi RebeccaHar,

Aside from exporting reports, you can also import and export data directly from the settings menu. To do this, click the settings menu and choose "Import and export data." This will allow you to export data to your accountants. 

Cheers,

Princess