Forum Discussion

WMGLNZ
Experienced User
6 months ago
Solved

A rounding issue has occurred on a line where the amount has been manually adjusted. Please delete the line, add a new line, and try again

Hi

I have a single bank transaction (withdrawal) which I'm trying to allocate to multiple invoices (approx 35)/suppliers.  Have had no problem doing this prior to this transaction.  Any help possible?

"A rounding issue has occurred on a line where the amount has been manually adjusted. Please delete the line, add a new line, and try again"

• Okay, I've managed to solve this 1 myself.   If anyone else needs the method this is it.....

1. Purchases
    2. Create Supplier Payment
    3. Your Supplier Name from the bill
    4. Payment Date
    5. Tick off the invoices the payment is applied to
    6. Save
    7. Then go to the Banking Transactions screen
    8. Match your bank transaction to the 'payments' for that transactions
    9. Save

And fingers crossed, you don't get that pesky, nonsense message, because for whatever reason it now matches.

14 Replies

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi WMGLNZ,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I am sorry to hear that the rounding values are giving you trouble. Could you try recording a payment to the supplier (under purchases)? You should be able to match the payment generated by this. As an alternative, you must update each of these transactions, save and refresh it, and then return to the window to check if you were able to match the invoices in that manner.

If the issue persists, kindly check your inbox. I have sent you a private message to ask for additional information so we can assist you further.  

Kind Regards, 

Cel

WMGLNZ
      Experienced User

No, i seriously am not doing that.  Like I said, multiple invoices, multiple lines, multiple suppliers to be matched with a single bank transaction.  This hasn't been a problem previously, I have been matching the same single transaction with these multiples for months, without a problem.  They all match, there is a $0 balance.  This would take hours to edit each transaction for it to maybe work.  Others have had exactly the same issue and apparently there is a script to fix.

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi WMGLNZ,

Thank you for the details provided. I ran a script over your file. Kindly log out and then log back into your account and let us know if you still receive an error.  

If you still need assistance, please feel free to post again. We are happy to help.

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi WMGLNZ

Thank you for the updates. 

I am sorry to hear about your difficulties in allocating invoices. Could you please provide us with a screenshot of the page where you received the message about the rounding issue so we can help you further? 

Thank you, 

Cel

WMGLNZ
      Experienced User

Attached are 2 pictures, MYOB1 is of a sample of what I'm trying to match & MYOB2 is the result

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi WMGLNZ,

Your effort is very much appreciated when sending screenshots, and we are sorry to hear that you still having the issue. 

Just to make a short recap on your concern, you have 1 bank transaction and you want to match the transaction with multiple invoices. Could you please try this steps on how you can match multiple invoices to one bank transaction. Click on the expand arrow >> Match transaction >> select the invoices included in the payment >> Save.

Repeat the above steps for the second bank feed transaction. The description field will now display the invoice total and the total field is the mount owing. 

Please let me know how you go on this. Do not hesitate to contact us again if you still need further assistance. We are happy to assist. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel