Forum Discussion

Suengoo
Experienced User
2 years ago

applying debit (credit) to supplier invoice

Whenever i try to apply a debit to the correct invoice if the two values are identical myob rejects entry saying.   'The total Amount applied can't be greater than the Debit amount'.  but the values are identical.  if i apply the debit to a different greater value invoice it deducts the debit and leaves the remaining balance still outstanding which is a fix... but that feels like a cheats way out as i am not applying the debit to the correct invoice 

thnx for your assistance 

Sue

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello Suengoo 

Can you please confirm that on the invoice, you have the item unit price set as a negative? Could you please set the unit price to a positive number, and change the number of units to the negative in this case. 

Or if, this invoice was created from a document from the intray and the amount is the same, there are some cases when a transaction is created from it the total amount will be 1 cent less than on the document, if this is the case you will need to manually update the transaction with the additional 1 cent.

Otherwise, I can suggest clearing the browser cache and attempting to allocate again.

Please let me know how you go.

Suengoo
      Experienced User

the invoice comes thru as an integrated system .... both the unit price and quantity were automatically negative, i changed the unit price to positive and got the attached message  

Suengoo
        Experienced User

it looks like it was coming through automatically as you had described .. i have tried clearing the cache previously and also using safari instead of google as my browser.