Forum Discussion

5 months ago

Automatic Email of invoice

Hi 

I have an invoice set up to generate automatically each month for a customer. 

Does anyone know how to get myob to automatically email that invoice to the customer?   

It generates it but it never sends it - i have to go in and manually click the send button to email it to the customer each month. 

Thanks in advance,  

-ray

3 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi RayTaylor

Thank you for your post and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of useful information.

You can turn these features on for all customers then choose a few to exclude. Or you can choose to send them to the selected customers. Turn on invoice reminders for all your customers. Here's how:

1. Click your business name in the top-right corner and choose Sales settings.
    2. Click the Reminders tab.
    3. Click Reminders settings. The Reminders and unpaid invoice summaries window appear.
    4. On the Reminders tab, select the option Send invoice reminders.
    5. Select the option Send to all customers.
    6. Click the X in the top-right corner to close the Reminders and unpaid invoice summaries window.

Reminders will now be sent to all customers who have been emailed invoices from your MYOB business. If you don't want to send reminders to some customers, you can turn off reminders for them in their customer record.

To turn off invoice reminders for all customers, repeat these steps and deselect the option send invoice reminders. Given you this help article, setting up invoice reminders that has all the detailed information and steps to assist you with the process. 

If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Shella

RayTaylor
      User

Sorry no you misunderstand
      I dont want a reminder to be sent. A reminder would be sent too late. 

I do want the invoice to be sent at the same time it is automatically generated. At the very same time. 

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi RayTaylor

Apologize for the late response. 

We genuinely appreciate your patience and cooperation on this matter.  We understand that you are looking for a way to automatically send invoices to your customers to manage your time on your business. On this matter, setting up invoice reminders is the feature that we currently have. 

You might want to look at this help article that could be the one you're looking, online invoice payment. Do let us know if you need further help.

Kind regards,

Shella