Forum Discussion

Castaway
Experienced User
17 days ago

Bank Feed not matching MYOB PAYBY

Hi Guys, I hgave just signed up to do online payments for customers. I sent myself a small invoice and paid it by BPAY to how it worked. The payment has gone through to Undeposited Funds account and the Invoice has been closed. The funds have also hit my bank and came through my bank feeds to MYOB but has not matched it up. I went in and changed the Undeposited Funds account in the payment to the right bank account but still did not match it. I can not manually match it as the invoice for $5.50 does not match the bank depost of $5.15 after the surcharge was taken out.

15 Replies

• I have a similar problem to this. I have 2 online payments that have not been auto matched, and cannot be matched - firstly, the invoices that they could be matched to are both marked as paid, and the amounts of the transactions are slightly lower than the invoiced amounts, so I couldn't match them even if I wanted to.

I've raised a support issue. This isn't the first time this has happened. Last time this happened I ended up with a permanent balance in my undeposited funds account that couldn't be removed. I hope that doesn't happen again!

Castaway
      Experienced User

its doing my head in. I have been messing around with it for 6 days. Im wondering if it's just the Bpay payments. I did another small invoice to myself yesterday and paid by card this time to see if it does it. 

TurnerSigns
        Contributing Cover User

I am also eagerly awaiting a resolution. I have payments in my feed that i haven't even received email confirmation from MYOB for that i can't match up and have no clue who they are for

Castaway
      Experienced User

Hi smileykylie1982 just wondering if you heard back from support. I am now on my third day and still havent heard anything.. I did another invoice for myself and paid by credit card and that on went through so it is just Bpay

TurnerSigns
    Contributing Cover User

I also noticed the same thing. When i checked my emailed confirmation of payment it showed the amount of the invoice less the "Merchant fee" leaving the balance of "total amount received". I was hoping to find an option of passing this onto the customer but have had no luck.

TurnerSigns
    Contributing Cover User

Ok. I found the setting.

Go to the main screen and select "Online Invoice Payments"

Then select "your customers pay the surcharge" and "save" once they are paying the surcharge the bank feeds should match up.

Castaway
      Experienced User

I am with MYOB Business. All my settings are correct already. And you cannot pass the BPAY surcharge onto a customer or the 0.25c. So the it still does not match the bank feed.

TurnerSigns
        Contributing Cover User

Oh No! I was hoping this would rectify the issue but obviously had to wait for a customer to pay the test the theory. So are all your payments less 25c of the invoice amount?

Castaway
    Experienced User

So after 7 days I still have not heard from MYOB with a fix. I just notice that all of my overdue invoice that are being sent out that were created before I started online invoices, have online payments avialable on them but we are paying the surcharge, even though in my settings I have charge the customer turned on. I also notice this has not matched with my bank feed so its not just BPAY its anything that we pay surcharges on.