Forum Discussion

Elana_K
Experienced Partner
2 years ago

Capcha when sending invoice?

I log into my PC with password protection

I  log into MYOB by entering a user name/ password and then input a 2FA number generated on my phone

So why do I need to complete a capcha before I can send an invoice?

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Elana_K 

MYOB Business may require the users to use a reCAPTCHA system to verify identity prior to emailing out of the software. This will generally occur within new MYOB Business setups for a period of time, it can happen at other times. For the majority of users that function will be disabled automatically by the system after a period of time.

While we do understand the impact that having that enabled does have with users needing to verify each time they invoice, its intention is to prevent the MYOB Business system from being used to send unsolicited emails from the system. This, in turn, helps the email system from being clogged with emails which would prevent true emails from sending or MYOB from "turning off" the email system for a period of time.

So, yes, we do understand that impact but overall it is a necessity that we have implemented into the system. The good news is that after a period time that function should be disabled for that MYOB Business thus allowing emails to be send without the need to reCAPTCHA.

Elana_K
      Experienced Partner

your response: "The good news is that after a period time that function should be disabled for that MYOB Business thus allowing emails to be send without the need to reCAPTCHA"

No this isn't a new instance. 

I've been running MYOB for a long while

Do you rely on cookies for this to work properly?

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Elana_K 

It's not based off a user's profile, it's based off the creation of the business. As an instance, if the file is new, the captcha would be enabled for sometime before it's automatically turned off.