Forum Discussion

mscheurer
Experienced User
18 days ago

Changes to MYOB Business

Below is a little snippet from the marketing email from the mothership...

We’ve listened to customer feedback and we’re making MYOB Business more user-friendly and intuitive. We’re thrilled to announce a brand-new MYOB software experience, launching tomorrow, Thursday 2 May 2024.  

I find it astonishing to read that they have listened to customer feedback!
I can't find any users asking for navigation to be moved to the left.

What's alarming is that the feature we've actually been asking you to implement for years has not been added. Instead all we get is some buttons moved around the screen.   Really?  Come on...

It's about time someone actually gives us a real timeline on this!

6 Replies

Albare
    Trusted Cover User

I don't like using Business over the desktop AccountRight Premier however when I trialled MYOB CRM and Advanced, I immediately noticed that having the menu on the left sidebar meant it is always in view whereas in Business it scrolled up and disappeared as you moved down the list of invoices or any page.

However you are absolutely correct that features requested for years are not present and there is no mention of making Business match every feature offered in AR Premier.

mscheurer
      Experienced User

I'd settle for a basic function that allows us to turn off BPAY...  Not too much to ask!
      The online payment system is useless without it.

julie-d
    Experienced Cover User

These changes (whatever they were as well as moving the navigation to the left) have caused major problems in my case.

I'm running 3 companies on MYOB Business (separate logins) and all 3 are playing up.

1 Company isn't letting me process payroll.

2 x Companies transactions are not updating to the balance sheet & P&L.

1. In one, the Balance sheet and P&L 30 April are not including the Accounts Payable
    2. In the other, The Balance sheet 30 Apr shows amounts that should not be there; (a) Accounts Payable ($137.77) and (b) GST Paid ($16.66).  When you click into these amounts the balances are zero but the balance sheet shows both of these as negative amounts.

Having the menu on the LHS is convenient, but other changes have just messed other things up.

• Completely agree! Useless updates, why can't they update more import/export or reports in desktop version to web browser than spending time on these things?

I can't see a complete list of sales invoice on web browser after this update.

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi julie-d and MZ2024

I understand your concerns about the recent changes to MYOB Business and appreciate your feedback. I want to assure you that we are constantly working on improving all aspects of MYOB Business. The changes, including moving the navigation to the left, were made based on user feedback and extensive research to enhance the usability of the platform. I know that any change can take some time to get used to, and we're here to support you during this transition. 

For the issues you're experiencing, I would suggest reaching out to us directly or submitting a support request via My Account so we can investigate further into your situation. Additionally, here's the New vertical menu and simplified language in MYOB Business, which will provide you with further information about the changes.

Please continue to share your feedback and suggestions on our Ideas board. We have a dedicated team that reviews user feedback and makes necessary adjustments to our development roadmap.

Feel free to post anytime you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess