Forum Discussion

AliHug
Contributing Cover User
9 months ago

GST number of invoices

I have checked the new templates and whilst the GST number is shown on my invoices, there is nothing to show that it is the GST number-it is just 9 digits, and I keep getting emails asking for me to add the GST number to our invoices.

I have checked edit and tried to set up a new template but I cannot work out how to do this. Help please.

PS I absolutely hate this latest "upgrade" and would be happy to pay more to return to our old system. 

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AliHug,

Thank you so much for your post and my apologies for the late response.

In MYOB Essentials, you'll notice that the GST amount is displayed above the total amount on the invoice. This arrangement applies to both tax-inclusive and tax-exclusive invoices, aligning with the Voluntary Standards set forth by the ATO. This setup complies with guidelines on setting out tax invoices, especially for goods or services not subject to GST. Goods or Services that do not include GST

Ensuring that the GST amount is visibly separated from the total contributes to clarity and compliance with tax regulations. It helps recipients easily identify the GST component within the invoice details. 

To set up a new template in Essentials please see this help article : Personalising invoices - MYOB

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
    Regards,
    Earl

AlunHassall
      Cover User

No Earl_HD.  

No one is talking about the GST amount, except you.

In NZ, Invoices from a GST-registered business must show the business's GST registration number.

Ideally, it should be shown like this "GST Number 123-456-789".

Currently, in MYOB Business it shows like this "123456789".

I have taken your suggestion of posting this on the MYOB Product Ideas Page here.

Regards

Alun

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi AlunHassall,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have forwarded it to the appropriate team, and we hope they can incorporate it into a future update.

Feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.
        Regards,
        Earl

• I fully agree with AliHug.  Having a 9-digit number under the business address is inadequate.

It needs to have the words "GST Number" in front of it, and preferably formatted with a dash "-" between each group of 3 digits.

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AliHug,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! 

I suggest posting this suggestion on our product ideas page. This way, our developers can review it for potential inclusion in future updates. 

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
    Regards,
    Earl

AliHug
      Contributing Cover User

This is more of an error tat a new development.

THe GST number has to be clearly shown on invoices and the way it is done now is not adequate.