Forum Discussion

CB78
User
5 months ago

Invoice and Quote numbering

Does anyone have a solution on how to fix the auto numbering of Quotes and Invoices.  So when creating a quote it gives a number - QU234567 then when converting it to invoice it does not follow the previous invoice number, it takes the quote number as the invoice number?

9 Replies

evolution
    Experienced Cover User

I  too don't like this feature at all, invoices and quotes need different sequencing otherwise it's too confusing.

How can we get around this?  Anyone else having these issues?  Having a quote with an INV reference is confusing, a quote could be a few weeks/months old before it is actually accepted.

I'm having to manually change every quote and invoice number.  

Genreve_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Evolution

Thanks for the response. 

I understand how this affects how you record invoices and quotes. I had previously received an update from the development team that this change is currently being worked on. Unfortunately, I don't have a time frame when this would be changed. Regardless, we appreciate your patience. 

In the meantime, feel free to let us know if you require any other assistance.

Thanks,
      Genreve

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi CB78

Thanks for your post. Please allow me to extend to you a very warm welcome to the Community Forum. 

In the upgraded version of MYOB Business/Essentials, the invoice and quote use the same reference number sequence. When you convert a quote into an invoice, it will use the next number in the invoice number sequence.  

Please do not hesitate to post again if you need help in the future. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers,   
    Leneth 

KJIS
      User

When I convert a quote into an invoice, it uses the quote number, my next invoice then follows that number and not the last invoice number, i.e. last invoice number 00004156, I convert quote number 00003995 to an invoice, which uses the same number. after that my next invoice uses 00003996 and not 00004157.

this is time consumming and if not pick up confusing. Quote numbers need to be differant from invoice numbers.

evolution
        Experienced Cover User

This is super frustrating, you basically need to write down your sequency on a piece of paper then refer to it as you change either the invoice or quote number and pre-fix.  Surely this is an easy fix?  It doesn't make any sense at all? 

MYOB's solution was to jump to a higher number, this doesn't solve the problem, it still uses that sequence :(