Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Job description

Hi all,

We are trying to update our invoice template to add a description of the works (at the top, not in the notes section). Is this possible? I've heard you can link to a Word doc and have that imported back in to give a good desciption. This is for electrical work with many areas listed (also required on the certificate of electrical safety) so it's making a standard template look ridiculous. A line without the sales info would be great... but you can't do that. Any ideas? 

Thanks

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Sarah26 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Thank you for your post. Templates are used to control what's displayed in the header across the top of your invoices, quotes, and statements. Before working with templates, it's a good idea to check that your business details and your customer address details are up to date—this information appears automatically on your invoices, quotes, and statements. If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

You may have a look on this Help Article: Set up your sales template that has all the steps and detailed information to assist you with this. 

If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Shella_A

Sarah26
      User

Thanks for your response. 

Yes I'm aware of how to create a template and have done so.. I would like to add a description of goods that isn't tied to a specific price. Is that at all possible? That is my only question.

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Sarah26 

Thanks for your response. If you wanted to add a description on the products you may look at this Help Article: Creating Items that has all the detailed information and steps to assist you with this.

Do let us know how did you go on this. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Shella_A