Forum Discussion

OVFF
Contributing Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Item Number / Description Query

Hi All

I have a quick query. I have added all of my item numbers and item name thinking that when I go in and enter the item number (which is the colum in the Invoice / Item ) it brings up the description...

for example

I have:

Item Number  90

Item Name      CTN 90cl Trim

I assumed that if i entered the item number only in the item number colum it would bring up the description, HOWEVER, it does not recognise the item number and only the full item name....

Is there a solution to this? I thought the whole point of adding item numbers was so that it was a shortcut and the full item description would appear from what was entered in the Item Name.

NOTE: the description does come up in full, but I just can enter the item number I have to search for the actual item name in the item number column.

Anyone???

Thanks in Advance.

• Hi, Try changing your settings to the following ; In Setup-Preferences-Windows tab; 1. Make sure the box "Select items by item name not item number" is not ticked (this one allows you to pick item number when entering items not name) - your preference. In each item set-up; 1. on item details tab either add description into the description box and make sure "use item description on sales and purchases" is ticked - if description is blank then try un-ticking this box.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi, Try changing your settings to the following ; In Setup-Preferences-Windows tab; 1. Make sure the box "Select items by item name not item number" is not ticked (this one allows you to pick item number when entering items not name) - your preference. In each item set-up; 1. on item details tab either add description into the description box and make sure "use item description on sales and purchases" is ticked - if description is blank then try un-ticking this box.