Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

"Network Request Failed" when linking documents in Intray

I get this "Network request failed" error message when trying to link a bill to a document in my Intray, or when I try and link from the Intray to an existing bill.

I have seen various posts about this error for most of this year. Not sure why it is still happening.

THe usual response appears to be to delete the existing bill and create a new one from Intray. But that is pretty useless if the bills are recurring (eg monthly) and you have set them up as recurring. Each time you need to delete the recurring bill and manually create a new one, which rather defeats utility of setting up a recurring bill.

Has anyone found a way to fix this problem?

• Hello Warrimoo and LCrowhurst 

Thank you for your post.

This is a known error popping up. What you will need to do is delete the bill, and then create a new bill using the InTray document by clicking the ellipsis (3 dots) button at the end of the document line and choose to Create bill.

Our development team is investigating the cause of this issue.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I am also seeing this issue.  Further if you try and link the document to the scheduled bill from the in tray the bill does not get linked to the document and continues to sit on the in tray.  Does MYOB have an expected resolution date or bug reference to share?

ChrisMYOB
      Former Staff

Hello chrisblue 

I'm sorry to see that you are also experiencing this issue. 

This is raised with our developers who are looking into the issue. I don't have an ETA on a resolution for this sorry.

LCrowhurst
    Trusted Cover User

Warrimoo wrote:

I get this "Network request failed" error message when trying to link a bill to a document in my Intray, or when I try and link from the Intray to an existing bill.

I have seen various posts about this error for most of this year. Not sure why it is still happening.

THe usual response appears to be to delete the existing bill and create a new one from Intray. But that is pretty useless if the bills are recurring (eg monthly) and you have set them up as recurring. Each time you need to delete the recurring bill and manually create a new one, which rather defeats utility of setting up a recurring bill.

Has anyone found a way to fix this problem?

i keep getting errors today in MYOB including network error....and its painfully slow today:manfrustrated:

• Hello Warrimoo and LCrowhurst 

Thank you for your post.

This is a known error popping up. What you will need to do is delete the bill, and then create a new bill using the InTray document by clicking the ellipsis (3 dots) button at the end of the document line and choose to Create bill.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

Warrimoo
      User

Thanks Chris. I am aware that this is the workaround. 

However, this problem seems to have been known for a year (for instance, there was a similar post to mine in January 2022).

Can it be fixed or are users stuck with not being able to link documents to scheduled bills?

ChrisMYOB
        Former Staff

Hello Warrimoo 

Sorry for the delay in my response. This is a known issue and our development team is looking into this. I do not have a time frame for when a solution will be available. 

LCrowhurst 

Are you getting this error from different web browsers as well? Have you tried clearing the web browser cache or trying in Googles Incognito mode?

LCrowhurst
      Trusted Cover User

ChrisMYOB wrote:

Hello Warrimoo and LCrowhurst 

Thank you for your post.

I cant upload a invoice to the intray...:manfrustrated: MYOB seems slow as well.