Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Total Invoices compared to total sales

It appears Total Invoices Amount (Sales>Invoices) for the current financial year does not equal Total Income (Reporting>Reports>Profit & Loss) for the current financial year.

I have compared the two numbers month-by-month and for some reason when change to view for the current financial year, the numbers do not align.

I am not registered for GST. Nothing has been posted directly to income ledgers.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi BrilliantBooks 

Welcome to Community Forum!

Generally, we don't get our figures from the window Sales> Invoices as this is not really an accurate representation of the sales values. The values that get calculated in this window only show the total for the batch of transactions that loaded up initially before we click "Load More" at the very bottom of the screen. 

What we could do is run a different report with the values that we are looking for and compare it to the Profit and Loss report. A great report to do this with is the Customer sales report under sales reports and have it set up so that all customers should be included. 

Please let me know how it goes and don't hesitate to reply on this thread if you need further assistance.

Best Regards

Genreve.