Forum Discussion

Carbine
Experienced User
2 months ago

What are we paying for???

MYOB in their haste to apply their rapacious online invoicing fees have royally f****d things up again.

If you try to reclaim the surcharge fees the client ends up with a payment that doesn't match the invoice they just received. If you don't try to reclaim the surcharge fees you end up with a payment into your bank account that can't be matched to anything as the invoice shows as closed.

If you put as much effort into your software testing as you obviously do into your efforts to integrate 3rd party unsolicited c**p you possibly may have a much more loyal fan base.

The reason for this gripe is that I'm not an accountant, I pay MYOB a monthly fee to hopefully make my life easier. I am also not opposed to the online fee collection (although 1.2% would be a lot closer to the mark than 1.8%) but at least integrate the whole thing properly.

Cranky Book Keeper

2 Replies

Carbine
    Experienced User

Thankyou Shella,

Since my last gripe, Someone with AccountRight desktop software (not me) has gone in and fixed the non matching invoice but I cant view it to see what they did because I don't have the software.

I've got auto-matching turned on, I've got a fee expense account set up (and I checked, the surcharges are in there). I have the payment category set as my bank account (the same one as the bank feed). Is the MYOB repair fairy going to fix this every time someone decides to pay by c/card or BPay (if so there's another one waiting in my bank feed) or do I just turn off the payment option and we both miss out. 

It is obviously fixable if you have AccountRight, any suggestions?

Carbine

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Carbine

I totally understand your frustration with the online invoicing fees and the challenges you're facing with payment matching. MYOB has recently changed the way they bill for online invoice payments. Instead of adding the fees as a lump sum to the following month's subscription invoice, the fees are now subtracted when each invoice is settled. This means that when someone uses the "Pay now" feature in the online invoice, the payment you receive will be the invoice amount minus the applicable fees. You may check out this link here for more details. I understand that this doesn't alleviate the issues you're experiencing. Therefore, I recommend reaching out to our virtual assistant, MOCA, on our website, or you can request support via my account at myob.com. If MOCA can't help, you'll be automatically directed to our live chat team. They can provide more precise information regarding your concern.

Kind regards,

Shella