Forum Discussion

Bluewren
Partner
2 years ago

Inventory Sales

I am trying to understand how the Landed Cost (Inventory) connects into a Sale. 

I have setup the Purchase Inv with the total landed cost for each item - then posted the landed cost adjustment. 

All good!

My client wants this landed cost to come up in his sale so he can then work out out his markup at the point of sale. I don't know if MYOB does this.

If not how do you know the landed cost of the item when you raise a sale?  To do it manually is just not feasible with the number of items. 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello Bluewren 

To add a landed cost to an invoice you will need to set up a Landed Cost Adjustment item. Which you will be able to select on it's own line when creating a sale. You will Enter in $0 for the price and bill columns and enter the total of the landed costs as a negative value. This ensures the landed costs are not included in the total purchase price.

AccountRIght won't calculate the sum of the landed cost, but I have linked our Help Article on landed costs which do have screenshots that include the formulas for a basic excel spreadsheet so that you can easily have the costs available to use.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

Bluewren
      Partner

Chris - thanks for your reply on landed costs. 

I already have a spreadsheet running for calculating the addition of the landing costs to a purchase invoice.

The MYOB support note on adding the landed cost was excellent. 

What I want to know is how can the purchase oncost price be carried across to the sale invoice of the inventory item?  

You replied: Which you will be able to select on it's own line when creating a sale.  

Can you explain this please - are the landed costs carried on to the sale. 

Can you also tell me where the 'base sell price' figure comes from? 

Is it a manual input or is it last sale price? 

I have played around a bit with the sales invoice but can't see how / if this works. 

Do you have to manually change the sale price?

My client decides at point of sale what if any discount he will give on the item to that particular customer. 

He wants the landed cost for each item to come up on the sale - which he will then add his profit to. 

I don't think this is possible? 

I am trying to understand if / how the landed cost added to each item on the purchase carries over to the sale if at all. 

Thanks Terésa

ChrisMYOB
        Former Staff

Hello Bluewren 

Sorry for the delay in my response. 

I must apologise, I had some mix-up in my wording, when I mention that you can add a line when creating a sale, I did mean when entering a purchase as it is shown in the help guide I had linked in my previous post.

MYOB isn't able to make the landed cost come up during a sale to work out a markup at the point of sale. I will pass this feature on as a suggestion. I also suggest you post about this on our AccountRight Ideas Exchange. It's where you can give and upvote other suggestions that go directly to our developers.