Forum Discussion

KatieJ2
Experienced User
5 years ago
Solved

Credit Card Charges

Good afternoon,

We use both service and item invoices, I have seen the note in the community where you make the cc charge an item on the invoice, however we haven't seen an option for the service invoice. Ideally the one solution for the charge across all invoices would be ideal.

What is the best way to tackle this issue as the cc charge is on top of the payment and we want to make the customer aware before hand.

Many thanks for your help.

Katie

• Hi KatieJ2

Thank you for your post and feedback, I have passed this on to the right team. While this is not an available feature, as a potential work around for an Item invoice you can set up an Item that you 'sell' and use this item on the invoice to apply the credit card fee.

Article Creating items has instructions on how to set this up in your software. Generally for this type of item you would only tick 'I sell this Item' in the set up. 

Please do let me know if you have any further questions. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi KatieJ2

Thank you for your post and feedback, I have passed this on to the right team. While this is not an available feature, as a potential work around for an Item invoice you can set up an Item that you 'sell' and use this item on the invoice to apply the credit card fee.

Article Creating items has instructions on how to set this up in your software. Generally for this type of item you would only tick 'I sell this Item' in the set up. 

Please do let me know if you have any further questions. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

KatieJ2
      Experienced User

Hi Melisa,

Thank you, I have the idea now. The only thing I'm confused about is setting up the account so that the charges are not added into our sales, there doesn't seem to be any instructions on what type of account that might be?

Any further help would be most appreciated.

Kind regards,

Katie

One2Many
    Contributing Cover User

Hi Katie, as an experienced user, how do you reconcile payments made by credit card companies like Stripe where they extract their fee before depositing into our bank. The Bank feed shows a lesser amount than the invoiced amount. I suppose the same woul apply to eftpos sales. 

Help, Anybody please.

KatieJ2
      Experienced User

Hi there,

The only way I can think of, it might not be 100% correct, would be to readjust the invoice before marrying it up in the bank feed. As the fees are already taken from Stripe this would be a separate expense.

Let me think about a different option for you, I've not been able to find anything online that is the same?

How do the fees show from Stripe, do they just send a statement across?

One2Many
        Contributing Cover User

Hi Katie,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Even MYOB Team do not have an answer - its appears to be a work-around.

Stripe do not send a statement. They merely deposit the funds in bulk into our account. I can view the charges when I log into my Stripe account.

Cheers 

Prash