Forum Discussion

vp-ast
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

credit memos

Back in Feb I allocated credit memos to the invoices and the invoices have closed, all good. But now the credit memos appear in the customers credit tab, how do I now remove credit memos

• Hi vp-ast 

Welcome to the Community Forum. Once a credit is applied in full to an invoice/s then it should be moving the credit note from the Returns & Credits tab to the Closed Invoices Tab.

If you are still seeing it under Returns & Credits, is it possible the credit amount wasn't entirely used and there is a fraction left over? You can open the Invoice and click into History to check if this is the case.

If it is not still a partial credit left can you take a screenshot of the credit note and the tab (redacting any sensitive information) then attach them in your reply so I can reproduce the steps? 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi vp-ast 

Welcome to the Community Forum. Once a credit is applied in full to an invoice/s then it should be moving the credit note from the Returns & Credits tab to the Closed Invoices Tab.

If you are still seeing it under Returns & Credits, is it possible the credit amount wasn't entirely used and there is a fraction left over? You can open the Invoice and click into History to check if this is the case.

If it is not still a partial credit left can you take a screenshot of the credit note and the tab (redacting any sensitive information) then attach them in your reply so I can reproduce the steps? 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

WML
    Contributing Cover User

Hi there,

If you're issue is not yet resolved, please check the credit memo was created using the miscellaneous layout.

My experience finds that unless a credit memo is created on the "miscellaneous" layout it remains "open" in both sales and purchases register.

Hope this helps!

Adele