Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Electronic Clearing transaction, manual payment and receipt of refund of EC Transaction

I have tried to fix this issue with no success, a whole lot frustration along with it as I am not understanding why the process isnt working.

5/4 we made a multiple payment via electronic payments. (a payment was sent to an incorrect bank account).

A manual payment was then made to the correct supplier bank account.

A refund from the incorrect bank account was then received.

I need to know the step by step process on how to correct this so that the manual payment is applied and the refund is received in the bank.

• There is an easy fix for this

the original transaction in myob is fine

Imsuggest that you do a receive money transaction for the returned funds and a spend money for the corrected payment 

all you need to do is allocate the returned payment and the corrected payment to a clearing account with a tax code of N-T or allocate as per the original transaction , whichever way you go they should be exactly the same with an explanation re bounced payment in memo. This will cancel each other out.

hope that helps

Lisa

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

There is an easy fix for this

the original transaction in myob is fine

Imsuggest that you do a receive money transaction for the returned funds and a spend money for the corrected payment 

all you need to do is allocate the returned payment and the corrected payment to a clearing account with a tax code of N-T or allocate as per the original transaction , whichever way you go they should be exactly the same with an explanation re bounced payment in memo. This will cancel each other out.

hope that helps

Lisa