Forum Discussion

Acme_20_yr_cust
Experienced Cover User
9 days ago

Error trying to print an invoice

I am getting an error if I try and print or email an older invoice: You can't edit sales dated in the lock period. BUT nothing is changed... 

Just started happening..

4 Replies

Jojo7
    Contributing User

Everyone needs to speak to support on the webpage so more complaints are lodged and we have a chance of the developer re-thinking this change.

ASDAccounts
    Experienced User

Ron_Tthe update stuffed something up. MYOB needs to fix this urgently. You can't expect everyone to keep unlocking and locking their dates to email or print an invoice in a locked period. This opens the door to way too many issues.

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi ASDAccounts,

I understand your concern about the lock date settings issue. Typically, a transaction will be locked out if a user changes the settings. The MYOB update should not alter any settings based on your preferences. However, if you're experiencing this issue, please try to untick the lock date setting and see if it reverts to being ticked again. If it locks again after changing the settings, then it might be a more complex issue that needs to be addressed by our technical team. Please feel free to reach out to us or connect with our virtual assistant, MOCA, on our website. If MOCA can't help, you'll be automatically directed to our live chat team.

Cheer,

Princess

Ron_T
    MYOB Staff

Hi Acme_20_yr_cust , are you still experiencing the locked period error? I just tested this myself and applied a lock period and tried to print an invoice dated before the lock period and got the error. Is there a chance that someone, say your accountant or bookkeeper, has applied a lock period? As the error message says, go to the Setup menu > Preferences > Security tab and if the Lock Period option is selected, deselect it. You should be able to print the invoice then. This help topic shows where you select and deselect a lock period: https://www.myob.com/au/support/myob-business/end-of-period/month-end-procedures/lock-a-period?productview=Desktop 

I'm not sure why a lock period would block you printing an invoice, as you're not actually editing the invoice. First time I've heard of that! 

If that doesn't help, click the chat bubble in the help topic and MOCA, our virtual assistant, will help you out. 

Regards,

Ron