Forum Discussion

wkswhc
Experienced User
14 days ago

Import Error Sales

I import the Sales Invoices from a subsidiary system and the last 2 times I have done it I have received the message

XXXX (number of transactions) imported with warnings

When I look at the log (which closed before I could save it) the messaging relates to salesperson, which we do not have, and never have had.

To make sure all have been created in MYOB I have had to reconcile what was produced in the subsidiary system and what "arrived" in MYOB

Does anyone know what is creating the error messaging

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi wkswhc

It looks like you're having some trouble importing sales invoices from a subsidiary system into MYOB. The warning messages you're seeing might be due to a mismatch in the data fields between the two systems. Even if you don't use the 'salesperson' field, the system might still check for it during the import process. I'd suggest checking the import settings and making sure all data fields match correctly. If the issue continues, I suggest reaching out to our virtual assistant, MOCA, on our website, or you can request support via my account at myob.com. If MOCA can't help, you'll be automatically directed to our live chat team. They will help you further resolve this matter. Let me know if you have other queries!

Kind regards,

Shella

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi wkswhc , note that the message you are receiving is a warning not an error. Errors would prevent the transaction being imported, but warnings mean that the transaction has been imported. 

The import wizard in AccountRight displays the result of the import on its last screen, and there is a link to the file, which you can normally open. Are you able to do that? You can also note the location of the file and browse to it later. Note it is overwritten with each new import. 

wkswhc
    Experienced User

Thanks all who responded and I understand it is only a message not an error. I was trying to find out why it has only occurred with the June data transfer and whether anyone had not only had the same issue or something more serious...data transfer errors

Matter closed

Shella_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi wkswhc

I'm glad to hear that the issue with the June data transfer has been resolved. Data transfer errors can be quite tricky, but it's important to remember that they're usually just messages, not necessarily indicative of a more serious problem. If you encounter any similar issues in the future, don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help!

Cheers,

Shella