Forum Discussion

2 days ago

Intray/Enter purchases allowing duplicate supplier invoices

As a business we have started transitioning to the paperless ease of storage and processing option that the intray, OCR and file attachments to purchases allows. But I have found the way we use it readily allows duplicate payments to happen, to the extent in my mind it must be a bug in the software.

We are a multi venue business and for internal clarity we have set up an individual supplier card suffixed with the venue name. So the list will look like:

• Supplier 1 (Venue 1)
  • Supplier 1 (Venue 2)
  • Supplier 1 (Venue 3)
  • Supplier 2 (Venue 1)
  • Supplier 2 (Venue 2)
  • Supplier 2 (Venue 3)
  • etc, etc

When a supplier invoice is processed through the intray and MYOB runs OCR across it, more often than not when we move to create a bill MYOB will just have selected the first Supplier 1 alphabetically. Which is fine, it is selecting the right supplier based on the header of the invoice, but I realise I am asking a bit much for it to then ID the actual supplier card based on the delivery address, which the only secondary difference. Incidentally, occasionally it does pick right.

Rightly at this point the supplier is highlighted in blue suggesting we confirm it. Being that is often selects wrong, as written above, we use the drop down to select the right Supplier/Venue combination. We will then code the remainder of the info, hit record and move onto the next.

It's at this point the failure happens.

To me, after selecting the choosing the correct supplier card, MYOB is not revalidating the duplicate checks against the new supplier card and records in the database.

If MYOB selects the correct supplier during the OCR process and the Supplier Inv No is actually a duplicate, it will provide the standard duplicate warning. But, as above, if we have to change the supplier card and a duplicate DOES exist, it does not provide a warning. It will let it sail through.

I can readily duplicate (no pun intended) this error at anytime. I've actually processed 5 of the same supplier invoice one after the other as a demonstration and it allowed each to pass.

As I wrote above, to my eyes this has to be a bug or something MYOB is not doing correctly. It isn't a random occurrence.

And yes, the duplicate checking flags are set and we are all running the latest version of AccountRight.

We are picking up duplicates during the create bill process (but only if someone recognises they may have processed that invoice already) and our checking process at the end. But if the invoices are processed and paid across different payment runs, then they are definitely missed. As we have come across today.

So I'm seeking advice to see if people have come across this before? Any suggestions to manage it? Preferably something we can do it eliminate it, because without a doubt this SHOULDN'T be happening? Or can someone confirm if this may be a bug and how to report it?

No RepliesBe the first to reply