Forum Discussion

Deb14
Experienced User
7 months ago

On Line Invoice Hacked

So, second post in two days, this time just found out that a customer has had the online invoice I sent via account right was hacked, our bank details were changed and there was no green button to click  on  to access on line invoice.  The summay I  always include on  the covering email "Please note, our banking details will never change unless stated "NEW BANKING DETAILS" as advised on invoice, you will also receive a letter to confirm change of details. If they differ from your current records, please refer to our office, prior to paying your account. Thank you." was deleted.   

I have full security on my computer and have run scans - no issues.  I have run the session security audit, and no strange logs for the dates concerned my end.

My question is, how did this happen, and is  it safe to send emails via AcccountRight@apps.com. 

Any comments or advice,  I have lodged this issue with MYOB security.

Thanks.

3 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Deb14,

Thanks for your post and my apologies for the late response. If you notice any discrepancies on your invoices, such as incorrect amounts or customer contact details, we recommend reviewing the invoice and company information in your MYOB Business to ensure accuracy.

If the information appears correct, we encourage you to promptly reach out to our phone-based teams to discuss the matter in greater detail. Before calling, please have the following information ready:

1. The serial number of your MYOB Business (located at the bottom of the Business Name Menu - top right).
    2. A copy of the invoice that was sent.
    3. A screenshot of the transaction within your MYOB Business.
    4. Details about when the email was sent and the recipient(s) of that email.

Equipped with this information, our frontline teams can conduct a thorough investigation of the email records in collaboration with our backend teams to determine the cause of the issue.

Regards,
    Earl

Deb14
      Experienced User

Hi Earl,

Thanks so much for responding, I could not find a phone  number to call, but did locate the security email, so have contacted via email  and MYOB have responded along with a personal phone call.  I don't believe it was a compromise via MYOB on line invoices  being emailed, but with the clients  email address.  As at today I have  had 3  more  emails  from MYOB security all stating  different case numbers, and asking again for all the details.   Its a pity MYOB don't look at the actual Case Number being referred to and stop creating additional Case Numbers, that just causes more stress for me,  on  top of what we have been through.

Thanks again Earl.

Deb

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Deb14,

Thank you for sharing the additional information, and I apologize for the delayed response. Please feel free to reach out if you require any further assistance with this matter. We'll be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,
        Earl