Forum Discussion

Barney34
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Selected Forms field missing when emailing.

Hi there,

Looked all over.  Since upgrading to 2023.3 The option to choose which template I want is missing.  The 'selected form' option no longer appears when emaling.  The system automatically emails my client an invoice when I want it to be a quote.  Yes I have prepared a quote.  Using Microsoft Outlook email program.  Look in sent box and the subject says 'quote' but when i open the pdf, it has been sent as an invoice.  My solution was to edit the preferred printed form: option in the customer card 'selling details' tab .  surely I don't have to go about this option when I then want to send an invoice?  Now that would be going backwards.  My question is:  Why is the 'selected form' option no longer active?

• Hi Barney,     hopefully you have a solution.    But if not - we just had the same problem, which is why I was searching here.   - but the problem was with only 1 staff member.   

Realised that the box can be made bigger - drag on the top line.    It will show the missing form line.       

I don't know why it was smaller as I can't make my one go smaller to wipe off the form,   it only happened on her screen.    

Regards 

Carol.   

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Barney34,

Thanks for posting. 

Generally, when sending emails we use the default form.  The default invoice email form you use could be edited from the window of sending invoices. Here is the Help Article Print or email sales where you could locate that option. 

If you need further assistance or have any other questions feel free to reply to this thread. 

Cheers, 

Genreve.

Barney34
      Experienced User

I'm sorry but that is not a solution.  You are tellling me what has always been available eg: default form.  I thought my post was quite clear but maybe not.  I've been using MYOB since 2000.  My question was 'why has the option to select the desired form now missing when emailing'?  I know how to work around it, but the time it now takes is onerous.  In my opinion this updated version has taken a step backward, not forward.

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Barney34 

Thank you for the reply. As for the option " selecting desired form" when emailing, this feature or option is not removed and is included in the email screen. Kindly see the sample screenshot below: 

Additionally, please clear the AccountRight cache. If we're not seeing the same page please do let me know so that I can investigate further.

Please feel free to post again I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess