Forum Discussion

608posterplus
Contributing Cover User
2 months ago

the customer didn't pay, but the invoice closed automatically

the customer didn't pay, but the invoice closed automatically

I don't know why, I just found this problem recently, and happend again and again. 

I will be appreciate if somebody know or experienced this problem, and let me know. as I'm feeling not good. I'am worried that many this problem happend before, and I didn't know.

Im looking forward to hearing the community or  MYOB experts the advice and feedback.

thanks again

Jill

4 Replies

• Hi 608posterplus,

Thanks for sharing your concern! Just wanted to let you know that I've responded to your other post. I'll go ahead and close this one since you've brought up the same issue there. Feel free to reply to that thread, and we'll keep addressing your concerns there! Looking forward to helping you out further.

Cheers,

Princess

608posterplus
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Princess_R

Thank you for your feedback

Could you explain attached please? Why it was closed 25/02/2021? the invoice dated 15/04/2024

I didn't credit it before. The customer didn't pay yet.

Thank you for your help

Kind regards,

Jill

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi 608posterplus 

Suggest you also look under Setup > Preferences > Sales to see if 'Automatically apply payments....' has been ticked. This may have malfunctioned. 

Or an old credit note may have been applied inadvertently.

Regards

Gavin

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi 608posterplus,

Thanks for the response. I've noticed that one of my colleagues has replied to your previous post. It seems a bit odd that an invoice would be marked as closed without a matching payment. This could be due to a simple mistake, like entering the wrong date for payment.

To dig deeper, could you please take a look at the payment transaction? You can do this by clicking on the reference number and taking a screenshot. After that, create a journal security audit report to locate the invoice transaction and take another screenshot. This will help us see who made the payments.

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Shella