Forum Discussion

FlashRoof
Contributing User
5 years ago
Solved

times outs during report loading

like every one else, we too are also having constant time out issues when running sales reports etc.

the database is about 500mb

its several years worth of sales.

several updates back it became slow and now errors and fails to generate reports.

i have seen posted on here to use time out extender.

please let me know how to test this out.

its is an offline database on network only 3 users.

thanks

• Hi FlashRoof 

You can find the timeout extender on this post - AccountRight Timeout Extender. This is designed to extend the amount of time AccountRight allows before producing the timeout error. Do note that this will need to be allied to all computers accessing the company file.

If you were still receiving timeout errors after applying the timeout extender, its worth trying the report on the computer hosting the file. If this still produces an error then the next step would be to reduce the amount of data being processed, such as a reduced date ranger for the report.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

Hi FlashRoof 

You can find the timeout extender on this post - AccountRight Timeout Extender. This is designed to extend the amount of time AccountRight allows before producing the timeout error. Do note that this will need to be allied to all computers accessing the company file.

If you were still receiving timeout errors after applying the timeout extender, its worth trying the report on the computer hosting the file. If this still produces an error then the next step would be to reduce the amount of data being processed, such as a reduced date ranger for the report.

FlashRoof
      Contributing User

thanks for your reply, the date range is only of the month, it really isnt a large list.

i have looked at the post you are referingto but the steps stop at "open this file in notepad"

no further steps on what to change and what to change it too.

please advise further steps

FlashRoof
      Contributing User

thanks for your reply, the date range is only of the month, it really isnt a large list.

i have looked at the post you are referingto but the steps stop at "open this file in notepad"

no further steps on what to change and what to change it too.

please advise further steps

Neil_M
        Former Staff

HI FlashRoof 

I’ve checked that post and the full list of steps do load for me. I’d be inclined to clear the cache of your internet browser or try accessing the page using an incognito window in Chrome