Forum Discussion

someone
Trusted Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

To Do List Accounts Receivables shows $0.00 balance invoices

Need to revive this old issue, as it is causing problems with statements.

The responses from the original post https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Sales-and-purchases/To-Do-List-Accounts-Receivables-shows-0-00-balance-invoices/m-p/631312 indicate that the issue was brought about by the number of decimals being used for tax amount ( 3 instead of 2), so in theory there is an outstanding balance of less than a cent for each of these invoices, hence why these invoices still show in the Receivables list.

Without purging historical transactions, does anyone have a way of being able to record these invoices as being fully paid and thus drop of the list or at the least determine exactly what the balance is?

someone
    3 years ago

Hi Tracey_H 

Thanks for the reply and the details of the PM.

Earlier today I adding a payment for the $0.002, but the UI didn't appear to allow it.

Have just tried it again using the following steps and this appears to have worked:

• Use the calculator UI to add the 3 decimal places in both the Amount Received and Amount Applied
    • Needed to also check the "Include Closed Sales" checkbox as this screen considers the sales as Closed

Consider this now closed.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi someone 

In the referenced post, you were sent a reply by private message. Can you share what replay was provided?

Regards

Gavin

someone
      Trusted Cover User

Hi gavin12345 

I can't access my private messages (don't know why), but from memory, I recall it was to basically start a new company file!

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi someone 

Seems a standard response when things get difficult :(

What you describe most likely requires a fix through the back end - so MYOB would need to fix this file or you would need an outside expert to do it. If you want to contact an outside expert I would normally say send me a private message, however as these have been disabled for you, try doing an internet search on 'purge for myox' - the same company that provides a purge service also repairs myox (or AR2021) company files as well. There would likely be a repair fee, so try MYOB first.

Regards

Gavin