Forum Discussion

28 days ago

Adjusting Commission After Payment

Good Afternoon,

I realised after processing and paying two commissions to staff that the figures were incorrect. I mistakenly reversed the entire Commission and re-entered the new Commission instead of just doing an update or adjustment. This was all reported to the ATO via STP etc. 

The problem is that you can't reverse a reversal so I can't delete what I have done. Now I'm sitting with two small amounts that are due to be paid to the employees but I can't generate an EFT or do a Spend Money or anything as the entries are already done and my Super balances for the year etc. How do I fix this?

Do I do a manual payment in the bank of the difference to the employees and issue them with the updated pay advices? What is the best solution?

Thank you

1 Reply

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there REAgent9

It sounds like you've encountered a bit of a pickle with the commission payments. Since you can't reverse a reversal, one way to resolve this is to either reverse the pay run you reprocessed to include the small amount adjustment or create a new pay run for the remaining amount that needs to be processed. If you opt for reversing the reprocessed pay run, it would undo the entire process, allowing you to correct it with the right adjustments. Alternatively, manually paying the difference to the employees and issuing updated pay advices could also work. Let me know if you need more guidance on either approach!

Best regards,

Doreen