Forum Discussion

TQ1
Contributing User
5 months ago

ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000361

Hi, please help. I am trying to set up an employee with a new card file, and they are classified as labour hire. However, I keep getting the error mentioned in the subject.

The other text : PaidLeaveCollection[0] Error: Must be left blank ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000361

I cant understand what this is related to - there isn't  a payroll category ticked that relates to PaidLeave Collection? 

Any guidance would be appreciated 

Thank you 

10 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi TQ1

Thanks for your post. 

These errors mean that allowance items cannot be provided under Voluntary Agreement, Labour Hire, or Other Specified Payments Income Types. One (or more) employees with a tax certificate category of Voluntary Agreement, Labour Hire, or Other Specified Pay have an allowance entry on their timesheet. 

You may need to check the Employee cards >> Payroll details tab >> Taxes >> Income type. If Labour hire is selected as the Income type, the ATO doesn't allow payments of overtime and leave for Labour hire. You will need to confirm the correct Income type is selected.

Please let me know how it goes.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Shella

TQ1
      Contributing User

Income type is Labour hire - this is correct

Ive also got Employment basis Labour hire - as they are a casual  labour hire or does this need to change to casual? 

Still the same error

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi TQ1 

Labour Hire as an Income Type is only for Contractors not employees. ATO Definition: use Labour Hire to report payments by a business that arranges for persons to perform work or services directly for clients of the entity.

So if you are hiring the person out to other businesses, then the person can be Income Type Labour Hire, otherwise they are Salary & Wages type.

A Contractor they are not entitled to things like leave (at least not according to the ATO). So the ATO will not allow you to classify them as Income Type Labour Hire and pay them leave.

Regards

Gavin