Forum Discussion

HibbardSports
Experienced User
9 months ago

Backpay to terminated employee - but want to retain original termination date

Can someone please advise how I can perform a backpay and still maintain the original termination date of the employee after reinstating to do the backpay?

This is due to the matter going to arbitration and we need to have the original termination date to stop any confusion

5 Replies

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi HibbardSports,

To reinstate the employees, you will first need to remove their termination date and untick the "inactive card" under the profile section of their card if you have that ticked also. You will then need to open STP (Payroll Reporting Center), navigate to the "Employment terminations" tab and change to payroll year if needed. find the relevant employee, click the ellipsis next to the employee (3 dots) and select "Remove termination".

Once you have done and processed the back pay, you can then re-enter the original termination date into the employee card and STP as this would still be the last day of employment.  

If you need further assistance with this, or if you have other questions or concerns, please feel free to post again. We are happy to assist. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Bluewave
      Trusted Cover User

Hi Celia,

I was searching for answers to my query posted today regarding re-instating a terminated Casual employee when I came across your reply to a different question.  The steps you outlined are helpful in my case, but don't completely answer all my questions.

Can I reinstate a terminated Casual employee by simply unticking the Inactive box, removing the Termination date, and changing the Start date to the new one?  I can put a note in the employee card regarding prior employment dates, but as there has been more than 3 months from his termination, I don't want to use the old start date for any LSL calculations.

I would appreciate your reply either here, or in my earlier post.

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi BlueWave,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. 

In response to your question, yes, all that needs to be done to reinstate a former employee on payroll is to untick their inactive card and remove their termination date then add the new starting date. Making a note is not necessary. 

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance with this, or if you still have questions and concerns, please feel free to post again. We are happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi HibbardSports,

We just want to check back with you regarding your concern. If you need further assistance, please feel free to post again. We are happy to assist. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel