Forum Discussion

CFC1
User
3 years ago

BMS ID

Hello

How do i locate my BMS ID if I am not registered for ATO online services?

Thanks

Paul

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello CFC1 

Welcome to the Community Forum.

You get your BMS ID when you start notifying the ATO about the payroll. If you haven't yet signed up for this you will need to set this up and then you will get your BMS ID.

I have attached a Help Article on how to notify the ATO for single touch payroll reporting, which will step you through how to sign up and receive your BMS ID.

CFC1
      User

Hi Chris

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have already been using MYOB STP for the current financial year, and have  recently upgraded my accounting software to include STP (MYOB accounting programme) and I did go through the set up and notified the ATO and went in to put what I thought was my BMS ID and it came back as rejected. I put in my software ID which I am assuming is not my BMS ID. At this stage I am not set up with the ATO online, so how am I able to get my BMS ID?

ChrisMYOB
        Former Staff

In the Help Article provided it does have steps on getting your previous BMS ID.

You or your tax/BAS agent can find your previous BMS ID via the ATO's online services.

1. Log into the ATO's online services.
        2. Go to Employees > STP reporting (agents go to Business > STP reporting).
        3. Click the dropdown arrow next to one of your STP reports.
        4. Copy the Business Management software (BMS) ID so you can paste it into the Previous software BMS ID field in MYOB when prompted.

If your business has NOT reported via STP in other payroll software in the current payroll year, during the step where it says to transfer the BMS ID you will select no.

I hope this clears things up about the BMS ID.