Forum Discussion

chrissie15
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

Cannot report previous BMS ID when setting up STP

We recently migrated from MYOB AccountRight to MYOB Business. When setting up Single Touch Payroll (STP), 'Step 6 Transferring BMS ID' does not appear. We have reported STP in our previous payroll software so this step is very important. Why is Step 6 not displaying?

• As I was not able to report the previous software BMS ID through MYOB (Step 6), I used the zeroing out method as suggested by the ATO.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    chrissie15
    Experienced User

As I was not able to report the previous software BMS ID through MYOB (Step 6), I used the zeroing out method as suggested by the ATO.

chrissie15
        Experienced User

The zeroing out method is when you process a STP report from your old payroll software that shows all year-to-date amounts for employees as zero, essentially deleting all amounts reported previously from your old software. Then you transfer your employee year-to-date amounts to your new payroll software and process a STP report that shows their transferred year-to-date amounts.

It is important you still have access to your old payroll software for this to work. The ATO told me that they never delete previous BMS IDs, so you can still send STP reports using your old payroll software even if you have advised the ATO of your new payroll software.

vicki
    Experienced User

Hi Chrissie 15.

I have a similar problem.  Step 6 did appear, and was completed.  Since then, it is still impossible to run a new pay.  8 rejected Updates later, and a call to the ATO who manually changed the BMS ID and confirmed the new one, and it's still not working.  

If anyone has any ideas, please advise. 

Thanks, Vicki