Forum Discussion

Metro3
User
2 years ago
Solved

Change employee from Sole Trader to PAYG

I accidently recorded a casual employee as a "Sole Trader" instead of a PAYG employee. I have no idea how I did this! Although I have paid PAYG and reported it to ATO via STP the employee can't complete his tax return due to my error and the ATO advised I needs to be changed. I can't see where I can change his emloyment status. Any ideas??? 

• Hi Metro3 

To change the Employment Basis in AccountRight; Go to Card File > Cards List > Employee tab > Open relevant employee > Payroll Details.
    Under the Personal Details tab; There is Employment Basis (Full Time, Part Time, Casual, Other) and Employment Category (Permanent, Temporary).

As you mentioned PAYG, you might also want to open the Taxes tab and check; Tax Table and Income Type is selected correctly as well.

For more detailed instructions on the Card settings see: Enter employee payroll information.

After the card is adjusted, you will also need to send the information to STP again. For instructions see: Changing a pay after finalising with Single Touch Payroll.

Hope that helps and if you have any further questions please let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi Metro3 

To change the Employment Basis in AccountRight; Go to Card File > Cards List > Employee tab > Open relevant employee > Payroll Details.
    Under the Personal Details tab; There is Employment Basis (Full Time, Part Time, Casual, Other) and Employment Category (Permanent, Temporary).

As you mentioned PAYG, you might also want to open the Taxes tab and check; Tax Table and Income Type is selected correctly as well.

For more detailed instructions on the Card settings see: Enter employee payroll information.

After the card is adjusted, you will also need to send the information to STP again. For instructions see: Changing a pay after finalising with Single Touch Payroll.

Hope that helps and if you have any further questions please let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.