Forum Discussion

Chris_Hartigan
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

EOY Payroll not balancing to ATO.

I have balanced my EOY Payroll to the Reports available thru MYOB and back to my General Ledger. I have also double checked Bank to make sure all is in order.
However, when I run the new report thing per the ATO my figures do not match.
I have isolated the one employee who is causing the grief. Stangely, the figure that is on the ATO Report is LESS than what is on my Payroll Reports thru MYOB.
This person is terminated but I cannot see the WHY the reduction in the final ATO figure. I have NOT run an adjusted Payroll for him and can account for the 5 pay runs that I did before her was terminated - which matches the Bank Rec and when I look at each individual 'Report to the ATO' for the five weeks that I paid him, the accumulated figure tallies at the end of the 5th week with my MYOB Reports but somewhere it has reduced at the end of the year
Any ideas?

Emily_B
    4 years ago

Hello Chris_Hartigan 

In trying to narrow down why you are experiencing this imbalance, I would first suggest following the same steps outlined to Jane. 

As you have indicated, your MYOB reports reconcile (Payroll Activity and Payroll Register summaries). Generally, when these reports are correct but YTD reports don't match, it suggests that the problem lies within incorrectly assigned ATO reporting categories or PAYG witholding errors. I understand that you believe these to be correctly attributed, as your other employees are reconciling accurately. However, please double check, as something could have been changed by accident during the year, resulting in a discrepancy down the line. 

Then, if you haven't already, try a $0 pay for your terminated employee (instructions here).  You will need to change their status to active in the system, run the $0 pay, and change to inactive again. This could fix what may be a fluke somewhere that we can't identify. 

If things still don't reconcile, could you please attach some screenshots of your reports: Payroll Activity, Payroll Register, and YTD Verification Report. This will shed some light on your issue and assist me in further investigation. 

25 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Jedwa
    Experienced User

I am having the same issue with multiple employees (both terminated and working).  My verification report is wildly different to what our payroll actually is.  However, the payroll stp report for a final pay shows the correct amount.

Hopefully someone can get back to us soon Chris!

Chris_Hartigan
      Experienced Cover User

It's just got me snookered to be honest.
      ALL the reports balance out EXCEPT the ATO EOY one and the figure is LESS than the accumulated figure. and as I mentioned when I look at the last pay that I did for the person and look at the ATO report for that week the figures tally - as you have done also.
      I also ran a manual Payroll Summary - as someone mentioned on another post how to do that -  and that balances out too so it appears to be something at the ATO end - and I just hate to think that I might have to ring the ATO - and sit on the phone for hours........

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi Chris_Hartigan 

Have a look at my post here

ATO Business Portal amounts represent everything lodged for Activity Statement pre fill purposes. This includes duplicate reports, reports with errors and excludes skipped reports. There is no need to reconcile to these prefill figures.

The important thing is what has been reported for Payee YTD amounts in your most recent STP Report - these are not shown on the Business Portal.

Regards

Gavin