Forum Discussion

TomD
Trusted Cover User
12 days ago
Solved

Finalise and Notify ATO for YearEnd

I made the last payrun in June and prepared the process for finalising year end, following the guidelines. 

This morning I intended to enter the first payroll for 2025 after finalising and notifying the ATO. So I was surprised to see a mygov notice that my own pay was already finalised. Going into MYOB I can see for all employees the final indicator ticked (see attachment).   It also seems that if I were to do the step I thought was outstanding and I quote from the help file:

Select each employee you want to finalise, then

• if you're on STP Phase 1, click Set as Final
  • if you're on STP Phase 2, click Finalise and notify the ATO 

then I would actually remove finalisation. 

Am I reading the screen correctly and are all pays already finalised with the ATO?  

Cheers

Tom

• Hi there TomD

It looks like you've already taken the right steps in finalising your pays for the year. The tick mark under the Final Indicator column indicates that the pays have indeed been finalised. So, if you were to proceed with those additional steps you mentioned, it could potentially undo the finalisation. Rest assured, what you're seeing on your screen is accurate. If you have any more questions or need further clarification on this, feel free to reach out.

Best regards,

Doreen

2 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there TomD

It looks like you've already taken the right steps in finalising your pays for the year. The tick mark under the Final Indicator column indicates that the pays have indeed been finalised. So, if you were to proceed with those additional steps you mentioned, it could potentially undo the finalisation. Rest assured, what you're seeing on your screen is accurate. If you have any more questions or need further clarification on this, feel free to reach out.

Best regards,

Doreen

TomD
      Trusted Cover User

Doreen,  that's what I thought but as I don't think I did the finalisation yet, I am not sure how this happened.  I had some other issue before and maybe the accountant did this already.