Forum Discussion

14 days ago

Hourly Rate Discrepancy

It has just been brought to my attention that an employee has received a number of payslips showing the HOURLY RATE which actually reflects the current minimum hourly rate (as of 1 July 2024).
The calculated rate on the payslip is correct, and reflects the minimum hourly rate prior to 1 July 2024.

The Hourly Rate wasn't changed over until after our last pay run (last Friday), so unsure how this has happened, and wasn't something I'd even been looking out for!

Any advice / explanation for this, as my concern now is that I have an employee/s trying to tell me they should have been paid as per the Hourly Rate showing on their pay slip.

Thanks 🙏🏼

2 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi meredithw

I'm sorry to hear your rates aren't showing correctly. Right now, the application displays the current rates on pay slips instead of those from the date of the pay run. You might want to suggest this idea in the Ideas Exchange board for future updates consideration.

If you need any more help, feel free to start a new thread!

Thanks,
    Genreve

meredithw
      User

Hi Genreve

Thanks for the reply!

However, what has happened though is on previously printed pay slips (before the hourly rate was updated) the current hourly rate is showing (not the rate that should have been prior to the change).

This is causing an issue, as I have an employee stating that they were paid incorrectly, as the Hourly Rate showing is higher than the Calculated Rate on their pay slip/s (which is actually correct for the time of payroll processing).

Thanks, Meredith