Forum Discussion

TheTeaLady
Trusted Partner
6 years ago
Solved

How to delete an stp report

This week a person did the pays with an error. One employee was paid far too much. The aba file was sent to the bank and the STP report sent.

The pay person however realised their mistake and made another pay for the employee. This created another stp report. which is Not Sent.

At my request the person deleted the second attempt as we have made arrangements with the overpaid employee to shortpay them for the next two weeks (they are in total agreement).

However the stp report remains sitting there "not sent" as its a mistake. What can I do about it? Any suggestions gratefully received.

Steven_M
    6 years ago

Hi TheTeaLady 

That is correct, that pay event would just need to remain sitting in there.

17 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi TheTeaLady 

Once a pay event is showing in the Payroll Reporting Centre we don't have the option to remove from there. This is intentionally designed to provide an audit trail and references for what has occurred in relation to your pays.

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi TheTeaLady 

That is correct, that pay event would just need to remain sitting in there.

Jenny_0223
      Contributing User

Hello Steve,

Hope you well.

I have a similar issue when I prepared the payroll for one of my employees, I clicked a wrong working period from 1st August to 31st August. I noticed that after the payslip has been generated. So I generate a new payslip with correct working date 1st July to 31st July, and I deleted all records for August payslip in MYOB. But how can I remove it from STP and also it shows in my business portal? Is there any way to do amendments? Or is that can be fixed by end of this year? As currently, the EOFY Finalisation shows the person has been paid two months (July and August) which need to be fixed.

Could you please kindly advise how to fix this issue?

Thanks 

Jenny

bungy15
        Ultimate Cover User

Hi Jenny_0223 

As per Steven_M ‘s reply you can’t delete or remove reports from the reporting centre or from the Business Portal.  

To correct the YTD amounts in STP you can process $0 pays and declare that zero payrun.  The ATO allow us 14 days from when we find an error to correct it. Since your payruns are monthly you will need to do a $0 pay update event to remain inside the 14 days, instead of waiting for the amounts to be corrected in the next payrun.

Cheers

Tracey