Forum Discussion

Eva81
Contributing User
7 hours ago

How to terminate in STP is someone didnt work this FY?

Hi Team,

We have casual employees. It happens that they dont work for months when we terminate their card.

As we changed to a new FY how do I terminate an employee in STP if he hasnt worked this FY yet? His name does not come up in the 24/25 FY. I could only terminate him in 23/24 FY. Can I do that?

2 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Eva81

If the employee hasn't worked in the current FY and their name doesn't appear in the 24/25 FY, you can still terminate them in the 23/24 FY. Here's how you can do it:

1. If the terminated employees aren't appearing on the Year-to-Date (YTD) verification report, you must run a $0 pay run for those terminated employees with a payment date of 30/06/2024 (for the previous financial year they're trying to finalise for).
    2. Those employees need to have their termination dates removed and they must be active before the pay run is processed.
    3. Once processed, you can return those termination dates back to the terminated employees.

You can also refer to this link for more information. If you have any issues in the future, feel free to create a post again.

Best regards,

Doreen

Eva81
      Contributing User

Hi Doreen,

Thank you for getting back to me.

So if the employee comes up in the 23/24 FY report. Do I still need to run a $0 pay?